The Hilliard Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit offering sensory education programing, experiential learning, and academic research and publishing while also supporting philanthropic initiatives through fundraising and educational training and activities—all under the umbrella of the concept of Educational Wellness.
What is Educational Wellness? Educational Wellness is a holistic approach to the art and science of research, teaching, learning, and philanthropic activity. This process involves both the right and left hemispheres of the brain—using both the creative and the logical aspects of research and discovery. In a sensory approach to teaching and learning, everything we do is done for a greater cause than self-benefit. It includes the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical aspects of life and learning.
The Hilliard Institute Mission: This sensory education, experiential learning, and philanthropic institute offers unique educational training, workshops, and events to support local, national, and global non-profits, communities, businesses, individuals, schools, and other educational and/or wellness organizations. The Institute seeks not only to assist philanthropic entities with funding, but to teach others about these organizations and, when necessary, train these entities how to become more self-sustaining.
The Hilliard Institute includes two Conservatories:
- Academic Conservatoire (sensory education and experience, research, and academic publishing)
1. Adult Education and College Programming: both teacher and student in-services, workshops, Butler Academy, educational training, etc.
2. K-12 Education: both teacher and student in-services, workshops, educational training, etiquette training, etc.
3. Global Initiatives and Cultural Education:
a. Irish Experience, planned educational trips to Ireland;
b. Oxford Experience, including Dr. Hilliard’s work with the new Oxford Centre for Law and Public Policy, Summer Research Fellowship with Oxford, and possibly planned trips such as the ones with Ireland; and
c. cultural educational trips, such as Boston, The Florida Keys, Cherokee, Washington D.C., Eco-trips, etc.
4. Educational Research and Writing
5. Hilliard Press: The Hilliard Press is an academic publishing conservatoire setting out to research and share important educational topics for adults and children, while exploring the art of the written and illustrated word. It publishes materials researched under the auspice of The Hilliard Institute while
a. publishing and selling books and other printed materials to gain funds for, and otherwise support, the Hilliard Institute and the organizations The Hilliard Institute supports;
b. publishing our in-house works, research documents, research papers, and texts; and
c. gathering other authors in the future, as needed to further our mission and vision.
6. Artist and Writer Retreats and Workshops
- Philanthropic Conservatoire (fundraising activities and educational initiatives for various causes)
1. For individuals: The Starfish Society
2. For non-profits: The Non-Profit Partnership
3. For businesses, small businesses, and start ups: The Commercial Collaborative
4. For schools: The Academic Alliance
5. For communities: The Community Cooperative
6. For interest-based organizations (that may or may not be certified non-profits): The Interest-Based Initiative